Personal Information Protection Policy
Formulated: April 1, 2019
President and CEO
Canal Globe, Ltd.
Canal Globe, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") will enable customers to create value through information system services and other business activities, and, as a good corporate citizen, also contribute to the continuing development of society. The Company recognizes the significance of appropriate handling and protection of personal information. Recognizing a company’s social responsibility, we stipulate the basic policy of personal information protection below, we will have executives and regular employees of our group companies fully understand and adhere to it, and we will promote corporate activities by emphasizing compliance with laws and regulations.
- We respect laws/ordinances, guidelines and other regulations enacted by the Japanese government about the handling of personal information. Also, we will appoint a "Chief Privacy Officer", in order to manage the appropriate handling of personal information.
- We will acquire the limited personal information that is necessary for our business by lawful and fair means. We will do so after providing an explicit explanation of the purpose of how we will use it and a contact for the persons.
- We will utilize the acquired personal information within the scope of specified purposes of utilization. The acquired personal information will not be utilized for purposes other than those specified, nor provided or disclosed to a third party without the person's consent, except where legally required. We will take measures accordingly. Also, in a case where we provide or disclose personal information to a third party by obtaining consent from the person concerned, we will take measures to ensure that the third party will appropriately manage it.
- We will take necessary and appropriate security measures in order to prevent leakage, loss or damage of the personal information that we hold. In the case of any of these issues arising, we will identify the causes and take corrective measures without delay.
- In a case where we entrust any third parties to handle personal information for our business, we will conclude an appropriate contract with the trustees and perform guidance and management to ensure that they will take reasonable security measures.
- We will establish, implement and maintain a management system about personal information protection. Also, we will continue to review and enhance it.
- We have established a section that deals with requests, inquiries, complaints or applications for consultation from the persons about the disclosure, correction, or deletion of their own personal information. Responses will be made appropriately and promptly.
Canal Globe, Ltd.
1-1-1 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan 135-8560